Elemental Nutrition Beta-Alanine
Beta-Alanine is one of the most well researched nutrients for increasing high-intensity exercise capacity. Elemental Nutrition’s Beta-Alanine uses the proven and researched form of beta-alanine, namely, CarnosynTM Beta-Alanine. A multitude of studies have shown that supplementation with 2-6 grams of CarnosynTM Beta-Alanine per day can boost muscle carnosine levels by 20-80% depending on the length of supplementation.
- Dipeptides made of histidine and beta-alanine
- Body’s main intracellular buffer of acidosis (i.e. hydrogen ions H+)
- Found in highest concentration in fast-twitch muscle fibres
- Increases carnosine levels in muscle
- Buffers acidity during high intensity exercise
- Supplementation leads to improved training adaptations
- Improves endurance capacity, ventilatory threshold, and time to exhaustion
“Analysis indicates that supplementation with…beta-alanine would result in a median improvement of 2.85% compared with a placebo. Assuming a linear relationship between running speed and percentage effect, if this improvement was extrapolated and applied to a…1,500 m run, performance time would be improved by 6 s. This improvement would be sufficient to move the last place finalist in the men’s 1,500 m at the Beijing 2008 Olympic games to a bronze medal position.”*
*Hobson RM, et al. Effects of b-alanine supplementation on exercise performance: a meta-analysis. Amino Acids. 2012;43(1):25-37.
True to character, Elemental Nutrition strives to provide their customers with a great value, quality product, rather than waste uneccessary money on marketing hype. Unique to Elemental Nutrition, Beta-Alanine comes in a special proprietary base of vitamin C, bioperine and protease to increase absorption and uptake, while minimizing gastrointestinal discomfort.